Bright Bus Tour Driver - Qualified - #482996
Bright Bus Tour Drivers (PCV licence holders)
A range of hours available, full time, part time and weekends.
We love welcoming experienced bus drivers onto our team in Edinburgh If you already hold a PCV licence.
When it comes to Scotland's Capital do you know your Greyfriars Bobby from your Arthur's Seat? Do you always have a smile on your face while delivering great customer service and enjoy meeting people from all around the world?
If the answer is yes, then this is the role for you!
As a Qualified driver you will be paid £12.10 p/h
We offer a Welcome Bonus off £1,975 (T&Cs apply) for all Full PCV Licence holders with a valid dCPC qualification card.
*for trainee driver opportunities in your area, please search on our careers site.
You'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus, starting out your day at Livingston Depot, driving to the City of Edinburgh whilst looking after our customer's safety and helping to provide them with an experience that will last a lifetime. If you have knowledge about the sights and attractions of the great City of Edinburgh, then that's a bonus! If not, don't worry, full training is provided and you will have the support of our Bright Bus team, who are passionate about the job and will be on hand to assist.
Rewards that add up to much more
On top of your salary, we will reward you with some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Argos, Sainsburys
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme. We also here to support you with skills training and your long-term career development.
What we're looking for
We value safe, patient drivers who get on well with customers and colleagues. We are also looking for:
- Full PCV Licence
- CPC Qualification Card
- Exceptional customer service skills and clear communication skills
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Excellent driving skills and knowledge of traffic regulations
- Flexibility to work various shift pattern including weekends and Bank Holidays
Welcome to First Bus
You will be serving local communities on behalf of one of the country's largest bus operators. We are a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology, leading the way on contactless payments, mobile apps and real time information. Our investment in state-of-the-art, new buses is just one part of our transition to a low-carbon future. It's an exciting time to be here.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.