Associate Production Coordinator: Information Systems - #562454
Rockstar Games UK
Rockstar Games UK
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Job start date
Permanent | Full Time
Remote / Hybrid
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for an Associate Production Coordinator for the Information Systems team. This position would suit the profile of an early-career professional who is keen to assist a team focused on developing an internal bug tracking and task management software. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's unique game development studio in Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain bespoke applications that are used by all developers to aid the development for all our games.
- The applications we build are primarily task and defect management software including game console integration and distributed video recording systems.
- Provide production support throughout our development, aiding existing production members in agile processes, triaging, meetings, planning, reporting, prioritisation, documentation etc.
- Primary contact for support, managing and resolving requests as they arrive and helping our bug tracking software users with their use of our systems.
- Log support requests, bugs and feature items into our bug tracking software from communication with other teams.
- Work with other departments to help gather and document requirements for new our bug tracking software features.
- Create documentation and communicate best practice methods for our applications to other teams/studios.
- Help shape the future direction of our bug tracking software by identifying usability issues and suggesting solutions.
- Provide dedicated QA for our releases, via on the spot tests and regular test passes, including reproducing bugs for other team members.
- Help further our QA strategy by developing test plans by working closely with developers prior to new features being released.
- 1+ year experience within a software development company.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible and strong initiative together with excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to focus and prioritise in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Eagerness to learn new workflows and software tools.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position
- An interest in video games and their development.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
- Professional experience in the Software, Video Game, or similar industry.
- Professional experience in Quality Assurance, HelpDesk, IT support, etc.
- An interest in UX and UI design processes.
- Experience with project management.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL.
- An interest in software development project planning and project management best practices.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities
If you've got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race